I know, I know. Who likes brussel sprouts, right? I’m here to tell you that this simple and fast oven roasted brussel sprouts recipe will change your mind! My husband used to talk about how much he hated brussel sprouts, but now he actually asks for them!
Brussel sprouts as a side dish has become a family favorite at my house. If you have always thought you didn’t like brussel sprouts, give this a chance. I have a feeling you can be swayed!
Fast Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Ingredients:
- Brussel Sprouts (I buy mine in a bag that allows you to steam them in the microwave first)
- Olive Oil (~1 -2 Tablespoons)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
STEPS for making Roasted Brussel Spouts:
1. Steam the brussel sprouts in the microwave for 4 – 5 minutes in the bag they come in.
This is how I buy them at all of the grocery stores I shop. Be sure to cut the corner of the bag slightly prior to steaming.
2. Allow the brussel sprouts to cool for 1 minute in the microwave to avoid burning yourself.
3. Place brussel sprouts directly onto cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
4. Toss the brussel sprouts with olive oil, adding salt and pepper to taste.
(Alternatively, you could put the brussel sprouts in a Ziploc bag and add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Seal and shake to allow more even coverage. It works just fine either way!).
5. Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 5 – 7 minutes, toss to allow roasting on other side, bake an additional 5 -7 minutes until golden brown.
6. Take out of the oven and toss with parmesan cheese.
If you want to print the recipe, scroll to the bottom!
If you like visuals, see below:
Put steamed brussel sprouts on cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil:
Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper:
Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 – 7 minutes, turn and bake an additional 5 – 7 minutes:
They are actually really good. Be forewarned though, your house will definitely smell after making these. In my opinion, it’s totally worth it!
I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below;-)
Looking for a fast and easy dessert? Try one of these: