Most moms would agree that expensive gifts are not necessary on Mother’s Day. What most moms really want is a gift from the heart. If you are helping a child with a gift for a special mom, I have an easy, but thoughtful Mother’s Day gift idea that likely won’t cost a thing!
Get more spring craft ideas here.
I am borrowing this idea from my sweet daughter. She made this gift for me a couple of years ago and I absolutely loved it!
She likely found the idea online, but I tried searching for it and couldn’t find anything quite like hers.
So, I thought it was the perfect idea to share with you for the amazing mom in your life!
Simple Mother’s Days Notes in a Scroll
Although this is a simple project, it is incredibly sweet. The notes can (and should!) be personalized to fit the special mom getting the gift.
Of course this could go to a grandmother, aunt, neighbor, teacher. It could even go to a dad on Father’s Day!
Supplies for Mother’s Day Messages:
- Pretty container / glass jar
- Paper (this could be plain white paper or pretty paper with a nice design or in Mom’s favorite color)
- Twine or other string to tie scroll
Steps for Easy DIY Mother’s Day Gift: Scroll notes
This cute craft is about as easy as they come!
Kids that can read and write can complete it with zero help from adults once you get them started.
But it doesn’t have to be a kid craft!
This is a gift anyone can create to make someone’s day special!
Step 1: Write creative notes to Mom
The more personal the messages, the better. The size of the container you are using will determine how many messages you will need to write.
If you are struggling a bit with creativity, I have a list of ideas to get you started!
Ideas for notes to Mom:
- Thank you for all you do for me each day.
- Your hugs make everything better.
- I love the meals you make for our family.
- Thanks for driving me to all of my activities.
- I love that you make sure we all have everything we need.
- You are great at helping with homework.
- Thanks for keeping our home clean and cozy.
- I love how you keep me safe.
- You are the best teacher in the world.
- Thank you for encouraging me with all I do.
- I see how hard you work everyday. Thank you!
- You are the best protector ever!
- I love you to the moon and back.
- When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
- Your smile makes ME smile!
- I love when you play games with me.
- I’m lucky to have you supporting me every day.
- A mom’s advice is the BEST advice!
- I’m so proud to be your child.
- I love that you know how to make me laugh.
- I’m so happy God made you MY mom!
- Your love is more valuable than any amount of money.
- Thank you for all of the sacrifices you make for our family.
- Thank you for your unconditional love.
Step 2: Tie string around scroll
Nothing fancy needed with the tying of the scrolls. My daughter used some craft twine we had and I thought it looked just perfect.
This twine did yellow the scrolls somewhat over time, but I honesty love that look even more!
Step 3: Place scrolls in a pretty container
My daughter used a pretty jar we already had for my gift. You could, of course, go out and buy a pretty container for your Mother’s day messages.
But, I have a feeling you already have something at your home you could use!
Step 4: Give your special DIY Mother’s Day gift to the special Mom in your life!
For next to no money, you have a special and personal Mother’s Day gift Mom will absolutely love.
Believe me, I’m speaking from experience!
Looking for more craft ideas you could use as gifts?
- String Art Project: The Complete Beginner’s Guide
- Pressed Leaves in Document Frames
- Make Your Own Brown Sugar Scrub with Coconut Oil
- Bookmark Coloring Pages
I hope this is the perfect homemade mother’s day gift for a wonderful mama in your life!
- Small pieces of paper
- Twine or string
- Pretty Jar to display messages
- Cut paper into small strips. Strip size with vary depending on size of vase or jar you use.
- Write special messages for mom on all of the paper strips. Get creative AND make them personal, just for her!
- Roll paper into a scroll and tie with twine or string of choice. Tie in a knot for better durability.
- Display your handmade messages in a pretty vase or jar for Mom to enjoy!
Be sure to use notes that are personal to the special mother in your life!