Creating a money heart is a fun way give cash for Valentine's Day, graduation, or any other holiday season you want to send money to a loved one! It's the perfect gift to add to a Valentine card!
To make a dollar origami heart grab a crisp dollar bill, place it on a flat surface, and follow these step by step instructions to get started with the heart money origami guide.
Get more Valentine crafts here.
It doesn't have to be a one-dollar bill with George Washington. I'm sure the recipient wouldn't mind at all if you used a higher paper currency to make this easy origami heart! Abraham Lincoln or Benjamin Franklin would make a great gift!
Simple Instruction for Origami Dollar Heart
1. Lay dollar bill face down and fold in half to make a crease in the center.
Related: 165+ Valentine DIYs and Crafts
2. Bring the outer edge of the dollar bill to center to meet the recent fold you completed in the previous step.
Do this on the left side and the right side. Then flip bill face side up so the right side of the bill is facing you.
3. Fold bottom corner of the paper dollar up to center, making a triangle shape on the bottom.
Repeat on the opposite side. Then fold down the top of the bill to meet the triangle. Repeat steps on both sides of the US dollar bill.
4. Squash fold with your finger to create a triangular shape.
The corners of the fold look like an arrow. Do the same on both sides of the dollar bill and ensure you have symmetrical sides.
5. Fold in the top center pieces on either side to create little flaps.
Finish the last step for the simple heart will create a more typical heart shape.
Place the money origami heart under a heavy book to make sure the entire paper heart is nice and flat.
This diy origami heart does not have an intricate design, so it's no problem to take apart the origami folds before spending.
A piece of origami is a great way to make simple gifts, especially if you need something last minute. DIY money origami is a perfect way to give a gift of money in whatever denomination you'd like...even better than a gift card as it can be spent anywhere!
But, it's still a lovely gift! Before you know it, you will be making simple origami flowers, a butterfly, a bow tie, and other fun shapes.
Dollar bill origami is awesome, but keep in mind origami doesn't have to be with just money! With a little creativity it can be created with many different types of paper.
Find more craft ideas here!
- A crisp dollar bill
- Lay dollar bill face down on flat surface and fold in half to make a crease in center.
- Bring outer edges of dollar bill to center. Then flip bil face side up.
- Fold bottom corners of dollar up to center, making triangle shape on bottom.
- Squash fold with fingers to create triangular shape on both sides.
- Fold in the top center pieces on either side to create little flaps which will give it a more typical heart shape.
- Flip and place under a heavy book to flatten.
Give the gift of money in the shape of a money origami heart!