Mark your calendars! Amazon Prime Day is coming and you’ll want to get shopping. Prime Day is a perfect time to plan ahead for Christmas and birthday gifts!
Amazon Prime Day began in 2015 as a way to celebrate Amazon’s 20th anniversary. It has since become Amazon’s top sale’s event of the year, outselling even Black Friday, so there are sure to be some fabulous deals!
When is Prime Day?
Prime Day 2020 is live October 13 and 14th for 48 hours, beginning at midnight Pacific Time.
Amazon Prime Day is typically held in July but was postponed this year due to the Covid 19 pandemic. In addition to affecting the timing of the sale, it could also impact the items that will be on sale this year as the availability of items may not be the same as other years.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means should you make a purchase after clicking through one of my links, I might make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Prime deals are for Prime members only.
Prime deals are exclusively for Prime members. If you are not yet a member, go sign up so you can start shopping all the deals!
Take advantage of the free 30 day trial to get access to the deals during this 48 hour period. Then, if you choose to cancel, you are free to do so! But chances are you won’t want to cancel.
Be sure to use the “Watch this deal” notification to stay up to date on the items you are most interested in.
Rumor has it that most Alexa-enabled devices will be on sale again this year!
There is so much information to sort through, I will try to give you a little guidance.
This post will be updated throughout Prime Day so you’ll have a better idea of where to put your focus.
Deals to watch 10/14/20:
Check back! I’ll update this as deals are announced!
- Blendtec Blender
Ice maker machine.100% claimed on the lightning deal unfortunately.
- Deals on majority of Amazon devices
- While still expensive, this waterproof speaker is significantly discounted.
Running belt/fanny pack. I know they aren’t terrible stylish but these are so great to have when going on runs, biking, or riding roller coasters.
- Cake decorating supplies
- Digital scale with lots of bells and whistles.
- Battery organizer
- Bento lunch boxes
- Cornhole game set
- O-Cedar Spin Mop
- Vegetable Slicer Claimed at the lightning deal price, but still a decent buy at the regular Prime Day cost.
Apple Airpods with Charging Case:
- Instant Pots are still on great sales through today.
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro.
- Shark Robotic Vacuum
- Cord Organizer Clips Get all of your cords under control!
Ninja Blenderno longer available…
- If you need outdoor string lights, now is the perfect time to grab some.
- Smart Garage Door Opener. Shut your garage door from anywhere!
- Need an updated coffee maker? Peruse these options!
- This 30 pack of
Glue Sticksare crazy cheap. (100% claimed. Boo!)
- Reusable grill mats. If you don’t want to hassle with cleaning off your grill, these are nice to have around.
Prime Day Deals for 10/13/20:
Check back! I’ll update this as deals are announced!
- Smart Garage Door Opener. My girlfriend was just talking about how her neighborhood Facebook group was raving about these. If you have kids that come in and out of your garage. This is a great way to check to see if it’s closed when you are away from home!
- Amazon Echo Show 8. It is currently marked at 50% off!
Essential Oil Diffuser.Deal is gone… Currently 50% off! We have several of these and love the way that add a subtle aroma to the home.
- If you are considering an Instant Pot, now is the time to snag one!
- Some great deals on kitchen essentials including pots, knives, pans, thermos, etc.
- Air Fryers are super popular right now! If you’ve been holding out, but plan on buying one at some point, the Prime Day sale is a great time to go for it!
- String lights are one of my favorite things! Grab a set or two while they are on sale!
- Need a vacuum? There are several deals this year on vacuums. Apparently we are all spending a lot of time at home;-)
- Echo Dot (3rd Generation)
- Drill brush attachment set. I have this set of brushes that I use with my cordless drill to help clean the grout in my shower. They take some of the work out of scrubbing without a doubt!
Cuisinart Stainless Steel cookware set is 63% off!
Cuisinart 14 Cup Coffee Maker is 43% off!
Start shopping Amazon’s handmade department now! Shopping handmade is a great way to support other creatives that love to share their talents with the world.
Tools and Home Improvement
Peruse Amazon’s tools and home improvement department for the perfect item you need to update your home!
Amazon Subscription Boxes
Shop Amazon subscription box options for a gift that keeps on giving. Pick from beauty, food and drink, lifestyle, pets, toys and kids, and more!
Amazon actually has a lot of great furniture items to choose from. Prime Day deals for furniture items is a great way to save some money on big ticket items.
Find deals on pretty home decor items from Amazon!
Arts, Crafts, and Sewing
Get some Prime Day deals on your favorite arts, crafts, or sewing items.
Prime Day Deals for the Home
When the word gets out what the particular sales are going to be, I will post more specific sale items here!
Popular Home Items to Watch
Sales at Other Big Retailers
Other retailers, such as WalMart and Target will be trying to get your business by running great sales to compete with Amazon during the October 13-14th Prime Day Deals event.
Start looking for deals at these big competitors websites no later than October 11 for potential deals.
Have a great day and happy Prime Day shopping!