Tutorial to Make Your Own Magnolia Wreath DIY style!
Magnolia wreaths are gorgeous, but can be incredibly expensive. After a quick trip to Hobby Lobby and/or a shopping trip on Amazon, this Magnolia Wreath DIY can be yours for around $20.00 compared to $95.00 or more!
For you visual learners, you can see how I made a very similar wreath using this same process in the video below:
Leaf Wreath DIY
This project was easy and fast. I completed the entire wreath in 15-20 minutes!
I’m still deciding where I want to display this. I have a few places I think would be perfect. I might just have to make more!
This post contains affiliate links. This means should you click through one of my links and make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my Disclosure Policy below.
1. Floral Wire Cutters
2. Grape Vine Wreath (I got mine at Hobby Lobby for $7.99. I don’t think these go on sale, so you could use the 40% off coupon.)
3. Magnolia leaves in floral bunch (Hobby Lobby alternates sale of these every other week. I picked up two bunches for $17.49).
Let’s Get Started!
- Get all of your supplies ready.
- Clip each stem at the base.
- Push the stems deep into the wreath. No need to use hot glue!
- Continue placing stems around in same direction, approximately 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart until you have gone completely around the wreath.
Supplies: Grape vine wreath, floral wire cutters, magnolia leaves floral bunch
Magnolia leaves (faux)…aren’t they beautiful!?!
Trim each stem near the base of the bunch. The stem will be pushed into the grape vine wreath.
Push stems into wreath approximately 1 1/2-2 inches apart, shaping the leaves as you go. You could even turn some of the leaves around to show the brown side to make your wreath look more authentic.
Continue placing stems all around wreath in the same direction.
Voila! After a little shaping, you’re done!
I thought about using this wreath for the front door, but I have double doors and I didn’t get enough supplies for two identical wreaths.
So for now, the below picture shows where I opted to locate this beauty:
Magnolia DIY wreath conclusion:
I love it!
I’ll bend a few of the stems to spread out the leaves a bit more. When I get a moment, I also will move the wreath down a little on this wooden/iron wall decor as it’s a little too high. But, for now, this is where it stays:)
Have you made any wreaths lately? Leave me a note below to share your project or to just say hello!
Have a great day!